Tuesday, December 23, 2008

"BABY IT COLD OUTSIDE!"Well, happy holidays!!
I haven’t written in awhile so this blog is going to be all over the road. Jules had this awesome fake fur coat and I thought it would be a perfect christmas picture to show just how "cold" it is here is costa rica! :)
Okay, updates, there was a makanda’s employee xmas party that was held at the pool, lots of grilling, tons of local costa Rican food, and of course beer. The employees are wonderful people who seem to always smile.

The other night I walked around quepos doing some night shots of peoples xmas decorations and some different street shots, I realized that I need to get up the courage to do more shots of people even if I do look a little like a tourist doing it.
Lets see what else….not a whole lot, just finishing with the holiday cookie baking. It is getting a little hotter each say and a little dryer. The rain has definitely stopped, its a very unfortunate thing cause the rain cools things down here and keeps everything green.
Oooh on Friday I went snorkeling with a neighbors tour. It was sooo much fun, we saw dolphins and I saw a moray eel, a couple of BIG puffer fish, and lots of awesome stuff, got stung by a little jellyfish, but nothing serious, it just felt like a little bee sting and went away after a while. I haven’t been snorkeling for over 6 years now and I had forgotten what a wonderful surreal world the ocean is.
Other than than nothing really exciting happening on my end of things. I will try and not let my bolgs get far and few between!

The picture above is of the sunset in quepos after coming in from snorkeling. the picture below is a photo of guys working on the new marina that is going into quepos.
This photo is not of good quality, but it is how a typical costa rican home is decorated for Christmas. they have most of all their decorations on their front porches it includes a tree and usually a nativity set that they put the baby jesus in on christmas eve, its apparently a big deal.
This is the equivalent to a McDonalds in quepos. There were lots of people there cause just down the street there was the grade schools graduation ceremony. Right now it is summer here so school is out for a month or two.
This is one of the few ice cream shops in quepos. I missed the perfect shot of course cause the little kid was turned around with his hands on the freezer looking at the ice cream but I couldn't get my camera out of my bag fast enough. I think Im going to try and continue to photograph quepos at night, it has a lot of interesting little scenarios not to mention it looks cleaner than it is :)

This is leo, and his 20th run to the bathroom at the christmas party, everytime he got up everyone would shout and laugh.
This is tony, to the left, one of the chefs and to the right is David not sure what david's actual job is but he does teach little kids how to break dance after work. I want to go and photograph it when I get the chance.
me and donillo sticking out his toung (I might be spelling everyones name wrong, im horrible at that)
I cant remember the girl to the lefts name but Jr. is the victim of Lewis's bunny ears.
Too many people to name each one but its a lot of the kitchen staff
The christmas cake bought at the local bakery, Shaye I think you could make a killing down here!! ha ha ha

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the fake wish I was there

love ya